After an exciting week we survived the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona :)
We are very proud to have been part of the Google Android booth and to be able to show off our game SoulCraft there. Thanks a lot for inviting us Google :)
Here you go with some impressions:
And here is our official press release for the MWC:
Action-RPG SoulCraft from MobileBits will be showcased on the Android Stand at Mobile World Congress, first game to show off Android™ Beam for instant multiplayer matching.
• The Android™ Stand at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona will feature the Action-RPG SoulCraft from MobileBits which is currently in open beta
• Hold together two NFC-enabled devices running Android 4.0 and you will be able to challenge the other player instantly via Android Beam™ in this exclusive multiplayer preview
• MobileBits will show off a version running on both Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the Tegra 3 device Asus Transformer Prime
• SoulCraft will be available as a free download on Galaxy Nexus devices at the beginning of the MWC in the Android Market™.
• It is already available and especially optimized for NVIDIA Tegra devices since about a month and has been featured by NVIDIA at CES 2011 & 2012 and in the Tegra Zone
• SoulCraft is in open beta which means that we are having a release every 2 weeks with changes based on the feedback we get from the community.
• SoulCraft is about the fight of angels, demons & humans for supremacy on earth Watch the trailer of the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDWDgTkuDXc
MobileBits has a nice surprise for the MWC in Barcelona: they will show off its Action-RPG SoulCraft using Android Beam: players can instantly challenge each other or play coop together with the Android™ Beam as matchmaking.
“Imagine 2 friends waiting for a bus”, says Karsten Wysk, CEO of MobileBits. “using Android Beam they can now instantly play together without having to work themselves through complicated buddy lists or matchmaking systems”.
Players can test this new feature at the Google booth at the Mobile World Congress. MobileBits will release a new version of SoulCraft running on Galaxy Nexus at the start of MWC – however this public version does not feature the multiplayer mode yet. “We know from the feedback we get from the open beta that players really want Multiplayer" says Boje Holtz, Producer of SoulCraft. “Therefore we will release it for everybody very soon – however for the moment it will be an exclusive preview for the MWC audience”.
MobileBits will discuss the progress of the game with its developer diary on http://SoulCraftGame.com/
For more information, visit SoulCraftGame.com, download the Android Open Beta and help us make SoulCraft even better.